Tuesday, July 24, 2007

George and Kristy ride bikes... we walk

We walk far too.

I'm sitting here writing this blog when i should be icing down my knees and sleeping.

Today we walked from the apartment to Golden Gate Park. That in and of itself isn't that big of a deal, but we walked into the park and to the Japanese Tea Garden. While the walk was worth it, my knees are killing me right about now. I know that means I need to walk more but that shit is painful.

Golden Gate Park is great. Besides the fact that if we ever managed to walk all the way thru it we'd end up at the Pacific, it's just a dope ass HUGE park in the middle of the city. It's like it's a completely separate entity. The entrance to the park off Haight St is a bit seedy. Lots of homeless folks and druggies, but pressing along a little further will reward you with peace and quiet and LOTS of nature.

One thing i like the most about San Francisco is the weather... or rather the oddness of it. You can be in our neighborhood (Haight Ashbury) and it'll be cool and damp. But a 10 minute bus ride downtown will take you to an area that's sunny and 10ยบ warmer. I'm not really used to that so maybe the novelty will wear off eventually, but for now i like it. Walking thru the park was kinda like that. We managed to out walk the fog and cool weather and stay in the warm sun for the most part.

So we walked this far:


Yes, that shit is *JUST* as far as it looks. But like i said, it was well worth it:













Full Gallery here:
San Francisco - Golden Gate Park

3 comments:

filthygomez said...

walking is GREAT!
but it doesn't look as cool as riding a bike!

Mittens said...

i don't know how to ride a bike... I know i suck

The Write Brother said...

your photographic eye (I don't know the term, so kill me) never ceases to amaze me... Awesome photos