Thursday, July 12, 2007

North Platte, NE

That's where we are right now.

I guess it's a decent enough hotel. When we checked in we got a letter about some bugs we might see. For the record they are NOT cockroaches... although apparently they can be mistaken for them...

Fishbone spent most of his day sedated... he didn't look good at all but he wasn't foaming at the mouth or anything like he did on day 1 so i'm guessing that's a plus.

On Wednesday we drove from Maryland to Chicago. That ride was spectacularly uneventful. MapQuest and GoogleMaps got us to our destination safely. I got to eat some of the best pizza ever and I watched my cat bitchslap another cat.

We left Chicago at about 4am and made our way to North Platte, NE. We crossed the Mississippi River at about 9am. The ride here was EXTREMELY boring... like my GOD. Luckily BJ is pretty much a soldier and drove like 7 or 8 of the 11 hrs we were on the road.

Tomorrow we're supposed to get to Salt Lake City but we may try to push it a little further. I'm about to go look like that up now. Hopefully I'll get to upload some photos a little later tonight.

No comments: